Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Palakkai Kurma /Jackfruit Kurma. Raw Jackfruit Kurma / Palakkai Kurma / Chettinad Palakkai Kurma / Palakkai Gravy / Palakkai Recipe. This video shows how to prepare Palakkai kurma(Baby jack fruit curry/ Palakkai kulambu/Palamoos kurma) in tamil. Mostly ripe jackfruit is used to make a variety of dishes, including custards and jackfruit chips, but also we can prepare variety of dishes using raw baby jack fruit like curry, kurma.
Insurance Gas Electricity Mortgage Attorney Loans Lawyer Donate Conference Call Degree Credit Vendakkai Poriyal – Bhindi Fry You can prepare this Instant Pot Vegetable Kurma in Instant Pot or in a pressure cooker. I went with Instant Pot. (no wonder) Once you have veggies Instant Pot Vegetarian Dalcha You can cook Palakkai Kurma /Jackfruit Kurma using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Palakkai Kurma /Jackfruit Kurma
- Prepare 500 grams of raw jackfruit.
- It’s 2 of medium onions chopped.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes chopped.
- You need 4 of green chillies slitted.
- You need 1 cup of coconut paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried mango powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sabji masala.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of moti saunf /fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of big bay leaves.
- You need 1 of big cardamom.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- You need 2 cups of water or as required.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
Chettinad Palakkai Kurma – Baby Jackfruit Kurma Chettinad Palakkai Kurma Recipe with Video. Raw baby jackfruit cooked in aromatic spices into a gravy that tastes great when served with rice. It is jackfruit season here and thought of making these Chakka Nei appams today. These jackfruit sweet paniyaram are so close to my heart as my mom used to make it.
Palakkai Kurma /Jackfruit Kurma instructions
- Wash, peel and cut the kathal in 3 cms cubes..
- Gather all the ingredients and spices.
- Boil the jackfruit in pressure cooker with one cup water and 1/4th teaspoon salt upto 2 whistles..
- Let the pressure release, open the lid and strain the jackfruit and keep aside to cool..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, crackle the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaves, big cardamom, green chillies for 30 seconds..
- Add the chopped onion and sauté till it turns golden and translucent..
- Add the tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another 5 minutes till the raw smell goes away..
- Add all the dry masala powders and salt and sauté till the oil separates..
- Add the coconut paste and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the boiled jackfruit pieces and cook for 2 minutes so that the masala coats nicely..
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a low flame till the gravy becomes thick.
- Add the coriander leaves and serve hot with rumali roti, lachha parantha, chapatis or rice.
All you need is the appe pan to make these delicious Jackfruit sweet paniyaram. Jackfruit Seed Sabzi (Chakkakuru Thoran, Palakottai Poriyal) – A tasty sidedish made with the seeds of jackfruit. Kumbilappam is an authentic Kerala snack food made from Chakka / Jackfruits cooked with rice flour and jaggery. Its prepared by cooking jackfruit bulb with rice flour, grated coconut and jaggery. This mixture is then wrapped and steamed in fresh green Edanailla.