Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Vegan Mushroom Pate – Wholefood – Plant Based (no added oil).
You can cook Vegan Mushroom Pate – Wholefood – Plant Based (no added oil) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Mushroom Pate – Wholefood – Plant Based (no added oil)
- It’s 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for an hour).
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable stock (I use aqua faba with my own blend of vegetable bouillon powder, but any general vegetable stock will do).
- You need 3 cups of sliced mushroom.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red or white miso (depends on your taste buds which you prefer).
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid aminos (Tamari or soy sauce will substitute).
- It’s 4 of dates.
- You need sprigs of Fresh parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of almond flour (I grind raw almonds in an electric coffee grinder to make the flour).
Vegan Mushroom Pate – Wholefood – Plant Based (no added oil) step by step
- Chop and dice the onion and garlic and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms thinly (I use a food processor slicer) and set aside.
- In a high sided pan, add the cup of vegetable stock and sauté the onions and garlic until they are translucent..
- Now add the mushrooms and mix well, add the liquid aminos, then let them simmer with lid on the pan and a low heat. When the mushrooms are cooked well, remove the lid and let the juice evaporate.
- Once the liquid has reduced, remove from heat and place in a food processor or blender..
- Add the cashews, dates, miso and herbs and almond flour.
- Blend in your food processor or blender. You may need to stop and scrape the sides down a few times, to ensure a thorough mix. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. It will keep for a week in the refrigerator and freezes well for up to a month..