Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
South Indian Lemon Rice.
You can cook South Indian Lemon Rice using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of South Indian Lemon Rice
- It’s 1 cup of Basmati Rice.
- It’s 1 of Large Lemon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need as needed of Few Peppercorns.
- Prepare 3 of Cardamoms.
- It’s 2 of Cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 3-4 of Cloves.
- It’s 3-5 of Dried Whole Red Kashmiri Chillies.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- It’s 2 of Green Chillies.
- It’s 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (Chopped).
- You need 1/2 of Soup Cube (Veg/Non-Veg).
- It’s As required of Salt.
- You need 2 cups of Water.
South Indian Lemon Rice step by step
- Wash the rice nicely till the water runs clear. Soak in clean water for 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside..
- In a cooking vessel, add 2 cups of water and 1/2 soup cube (veg/non-veg) and let it come to a boil. Keep aside..
- In a cooking pan, heat sesame oil. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it sizzle. Add peppercorns, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, asafoetida, green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds. Add onions and saute till the onions are translucent. Now add the rice and saute gently until mixed well..
- Add salt, lemon juice and the stock water and mix well. Let it come to a boil on high heat. When it starts boiling, lower the flame and cover and cook till done ie. For about 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm..