Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Udon with larb-style pork.
You can cook Udon with larb-style pork using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Udon with larb-style pork
- It’s 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground pork.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 of Thai chilli, finely sliced (optional).
- You need 2-7 oz. of packages precooked udon noodles.
- Prepare 2 of large stalks of kale, leaves stripped and chopped.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, finely grated.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped.
Udon with larb-style pork instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Crumble the pork into the pan and then don't touch it for 5 minutes. Seriously, you want to leave it alone so the meat can caramelize and start forming a crust. When the 5 minutes are up, use a wooden spoon to break the meat up further..
- After an additional 5 minutes the pork should be pretty much cooked. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and turn down the heat to medium. Give the meat a stir every so often as you prep the sauce and noodles..
- In a bowl, whisk together.the vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and chilli. Fill a medium pot with water and put it on high heat. When it comes to a boil, turn off the heat and drop in the udon..
- Once the udon noodles break apart (about 2 minutes) drain and add them to the pan of meat along with the kale. Let cook 1 minute, just until the kale softens a bit. Stir in the carrot and celery..
- Pour the sauce into the pan and toss everything together. It'll seem overly wet at first, but the noodles will drink up most of the sauce, which will also thicken into almost a glaze. Serve hot..